This memorandum in English is a translation from Japanese and is legally non-binding. Only the memorandum in Japanese is legally binding.
Chapter 1. General Provisions
The name of this consortium shall be “IoT Acceleration Consortium”, hereinafter referred to as “Consortium”.
Based on the fact that the industrial and social structure is in major transformation in globally in every field by the development of technologies such as IoT, Big data (BD), Artificial Intelligence(AI), the purpose of this Consortium is to challenge the change of a new era together with industry, academia and government with activities such as development and demonstration of IoT-related technologies and promoting the creation of new business model.
The Consortium makes following business in order to achieve the purposes set force in the preceding paragraph,.
(1) Promotion of development and demonstration and standardization of technology concerning IoT, Big Data, AI, etc;
(2) The creation of various projects related to IoT, Big Data, AI, etc. and proposal of regulatory reform, etc. that is required to implement this project;
(3) Examination in accordance with the specific issues related to IoT, Big Data, AI such as security;
(4) Collection and transmission, and dissemination of information related to IoT, Big Data, AI, and the like;
(5) Business necessary to achieve the purpose of the Consortium.
Chapter 2. Members
(1) Membership shall be given to companies, organizations, experts, related ministries, etc. who support the purpose and the business of this Consortium.
(2) Classification of Membership is as follows.
a. Corporate membership Companies and organizations whom support the purpose of the Consortium.
b. Expert membership Individuals whom support the purpose of the Consortium
c. Special membership Organization that is recognized as specially contribute to its activities by related ministries, local government, or chairman of the Consortium
A person who intends to become a member shall submit a membership registration form to the chairperson, and then the person can become a member upon approval.
Membership fee of the Consortium shall be determined separately with the General Conference’s approval.
(1) Member can withdraw arbitrarily by member’s will. However, at the time of withdrawal, the one must notify the Chairperson.
(2) When a member does not comply this memorandum, defames the consortium, or is found to be true to one of the followings, the Consortium may dismiss such member.
a. Corporations (refers to an individual, a corporation or organization) is an anti-social force or an officer of the corporations is an anti-social force.
b. Officers use an anti-social force with the purpose of achieving improper profits of its own or third party, or with a purpose of making damage to a third party.
c. When the officer funded, directly or actively support an anti-social force, such as donating a convenience, and cooperation or involve in the operation for an anti-social force.
d. When the officer has a relationship with an anti-social force that should be socially condemned.
Chapter 3. Officers
The Consortium shall have the following officers:
a. Chairperson 1 person
b. Vice Chairperson few people
(Chairman and Vice-Chairmen)
(1) Chairperson, on behalf of the consortium, shall administrate conference affairs.
(2) Vice-Chairperson shall assist the Chairperson, and shall administrate conference affairs on behalf of chairperson at the time of absence.
The term of the officers shall be two years in principle. However, it is possible to be reappointed.
The officers shall receive no remuneration.
Chapter 4. Organization
(1) The General Conference shall be established as the highest institution of the Consortium.
(2) The General Conference is constituted with a member, and will be held annually. When the Chairperson is deemed necessary, the general conference will be held. If necessary, it can be held in writing or by e-mail.
(3) The General Conference is to discuss and to decide fundamental issues of the business and operations of the Consortium.
(4) The General Conference shall appoint a member of Steering Committee which serves as executive body.
(5) The General Conference will be effective with attendance of majority members (including proxy and substitute).
(6) The General Conference proceedings shall be decided with a consent of majority attendees (including proxy and substitute), in the case of a tie, the chairperson shall decide.
(7) The chairperson shall convene the General Conference and shall preside.
(1) Steering committee shall be establish as the executive body to the Consortium.
(2) The Steering Committee is composed of a member who is appointed in the General Conference.
(3) The Steering Committee shall appoint the Chairperson and the Vice-Chairperson.
(4) The Steering Committee is to discuss and to decide important matters concerning operations such as business planning and business reporting of the Consortium, budget and financial results, and establishment of specialized working groups.
(5) The Steering Committee will be effective with attendance of majority members (including proxy and substitute).
(6) The Steering Committee proceedings shall be decided with a consent of majority attendees (including proxy and substitute), in the case of a tie, the chairperson shall decide.
(7) The Steering Committee shall be convened by the Chairperson or the steering committee member whom appointed by the Chairperson, and shall be presided by the Chairperson or the steering committee whom appointed by the Chairperson. If necessary, it can be held in writing or by e-mail.
(8) The Chairperson or the steering committee member whom appointed by the Chairperson may, when it deems necessary, obtain the attendance of special members to the Steering Committee, can listen to explanation or opinion.
(Technology Development WG (Smart IoT Acceleration Forum))
(1) The Technology Development Working Group (Smart IoT Acceleration Forum) shall be established to promote the development and demonstration and others related activities regarding to the Consortium.
(2) The Technology development Working Group (Smart IoT Acceleration Forum), in order to promote the smooth promotion of its activities, can define own memorandum including the burden of costs, determination of policy, secretariat and others, by themselves.
(Advanced Model Business Promotion Working Group（IoT Acceleration Lab）)
(1) The Advanced Model Business Promotion Working Group（IoT Acceleration Lab） shall be established to promote the creation of an advanced model business.
(2) The Advanced Model Business Promotion Working Group（IoT Acceleration Lab）, in order to promote the smooth promotion of its activities, can define own memorandum including the burden of costs, determination of policy, secretariat and others, by themselves.
(Specialized Working Groups)
(1) Based on the decision by the Steering Committee, it is possible to establish Specific Working Group in the Consortium accordance with issues.
(2) The Specific Working Group, in order to promote the smooth promotion of its activities, can define own memorandum including the burden of costs, determination of policy and others, by themselves.
General affairs of the Consortium is performed by Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc..
This memorandum shall come into force from October 23rd, 2015.